Our D-history:

My daughter, *Rosie, was five years old when she was diagnosed on September 19, 2008, with Type I Diabetes. We started out on MDI, but in October 2010 we switched to a pump. We also added a Dexcom CGM in May of 2011. In February 2014 we changed to the Medtronic Enlite system- a pump and CGM all in one.

*Rosie is not her real name... I let her pick her own pseudonym for the blog!

Monday, November 14, 2011

NHBMP: Elevator Blog


Today's Prompt: Elevator blog. If you were in an elevator with someone and they asked about your blog. What would you tell them?

 I'd tell them to stop by to read about our experience with Type I Diabetes. 

I'd tell them that it's my place to rant, rave, or share links from the online diabetes world. 

If they are a PWD or a parent, I'd tell them to check out my sidebar, because I have a lot of great d-blogs linked up there.

I'd tell them that I'm not going for any writing awards or book deals here, I'm just sharing, because sharing with the DOC (reading others' blogs, writing this one, tweeting, etc.) is what keeps me sane in this crazy d-world!

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next to the doctor's office, I think some of the best diabetes tips I've ever gotten have come from discussions in the comment sections of diabetes blogs. :)