Her birthday blood sugars have been all over the place:
- 100-something at breakfast. Yay!
- 399 when she got home from school and sheepishly admitted that she forgot to bolus her birthday cupcake.
- By supper she had come crashing down to a lousy 39.
- An hour later, just before volleyball practice, she was up to 128, but feeling shaky like she was dropping again. We didn't bolus the 46 carbs she ate for supper and turned down her basal rate to 50%. ..a gamble, but based on past experience, it seemed like a good plan.
- She went down to 61 during practice.