After four years of battling the incompetent school Clinic Aide, I finally feel like I "won" this year.
I met with the Principal a few days before school started and we talked about my request to have Rosie removed from the Clinic Aide's care as much as possible. I went to the meeting armed with my ADA paperwork, a lengthy list of complaints about the Clinic Aide, a sample 504, etc.
It turned out that I didn't even crack open my folder- the principal could not have been nicer. She was happy to let Rosie test in the classroom (Clinic Aide was always opposed to this), let Rosie treat her lows in the classroom, and even have a teacher in the cafeteria double-check Rosie's carb counting after lunch, rather than making Rosie go back upstairs and wait for Clinic Aide (while missing recess) to do it as she has in the past. My only complaint was that we didn't do this sooner.... this was a much different attitude from the principal than the last time I met with her!
Basically, the only time Rosie is going to the clinic now is when she needs Ibuprofen or when she needs to call me about something with her pump. It is SOOOOOO much better! There have been a few minor bumps, such as Rosie forgetting to bolus a high one day, but for the most part, this system has been working out really well.