Our D-history:

My daughter, *Rosie, was five years old when she was diagnosed on September 19, 2008, with Type I Diabetes. We started out on MDI, but in October 2010 we switched to a pump. We also added a Dexcom CGM in May of 2011. In February 2014 we changed to the Medtronic Enlite system- a pump and CGM all in one.

*Rosie is not her real name... I let her pick her own pseudonym for the blog!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's Nearly Walk Time

Our local JDRF walk will be held in about two weeks.   Once again, The Sugar Sharks will be there, walking and enjoying the beautiful day.   Last year was our first walk, and I remember standing in the middle of the crowd at one point being in awe that ALL of these people are personally touched by Type I Diabetes. 

This year Rosie chose a bright purple for our t-shirts... I can't wait to see how well some of the men on our team like them!  They should be glad we vetoed the bright pink.  I told her this is the only time she can get away with something like that-- any other time the guys would probably not wear it, but for her and the JDRF walk, they will wear anything.  :)

We've raised a little less money so far this year than last year, and I'm ok with that.  Last year, being our first walk, we had a lot of people jumping in to donate.  This year, very few people have responded to our emails and reminders.  I think with so many of our friends and family hurting in the current economy, we're likely to have mostly moral support and prayers this time around.  And that's ok, too. 

What about you?  Are you walking?  Are you finding fundraising harder this year?
Do I seem familiar? :) This blog is new, but I've been around the DOC for a while, and I've been blogging about other topics for years. I'm AmyMCGS pretty much everywhere online- CWD, Twitter, etc.

1 comment:

  1. My husband does the bulk of our fundraising work... it was really slow at first, but he has worked like a man on fire and I'm amazed at the results! Our walk is in about a week and a half and I can't wait to share about the support Team Elise has received!

    ReplyDelete

Next to the doctor's office, I think some of the best diabetes tips I've ever gotten have come from discussions in the comment sections of diabetes blogs. :)