Our D-history:

My daughter, *Rosie, was five years old when she was diagnosed on September 19, 2008, with Type I Diabetes. We started out on MDI, but in October 2010 we switched to a pump. We also added a Dexcom CGM in May of 2011. In February 2014 we changed to the Medtronic Enlite system- a pump and CGM all in one.

*Rosie is not her real name... I let her pick her own pseudonym for the blog!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NHBPM: Our Lives Would Make Boring TV


 Today's Prompt: My TV Show. Your blog is being turned into a TV show! Congrats – you’ve earned it. In fact, you get to co-write it. Write about the TV show based on your life or blog.


Hmmmm.... if this blog was turned into a tv show, I'm not sure it would last very long.  Who wants to watch a sporadic show ranting about the good, the bad, the normal day-to-day life we live with Rosie's Type I Diabetes?  

A show based on our life would show me as harried mom who lives on coffee and is addicted to her phone.  The daughter character, Rosie, would be an adorable eight year-old who is very outgoing and has never met a stranger.  Rosie's brother would have to be played by a quiet five year-old who likes to know how things work.  And Rosie's dad would be a very hard-working family man.   Throw in some extra medical gear and some crazy extended family members, and you have the makings of our show. 

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Next to the doctor's office, I think some of the best diabetes tips I've ever gotten have come from discussions in the comment sections of diabetes blogs. :)