Our D-history:

My daughter, *Rosie, was five years old when she was diagnosed on September 19, 2008, with Type I Diabetes. We started out on MDI, but in October 2010 we switched to a pump. We also added a Dexcom CGM in May of 2011. In February 2014 we changed to the Medtronic Enlite system- a pump and CGM all in one.

*Rosie is not her real name... I let her pick her own pseudonym for the blog!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Glucagon App

Ever worried that you might not remember how to use Glucagon in an emergency?  Do you tend to forget to fill your prescription and find expired Glucagons in your cabinet?  (Yeah, me too.)

There's a new app out from Lilly called, appropriately, Glucagon App.  It shows you how to use it in an emergency, allows you to virtually practice, reminds you to refill your prescrption, and more.

It looks like a great app to have, and I'd love to download it myself.  Unfortunately, it appears that it's only available for iPhones right now.  I'm hoping there's an Android version out soon.

I am in no way connected to this product and receive nothing for telling you about it... other than the satisfaction of passing along useful information.  
.

1 comment:

  1. Love this...I was just practicing with some expired Glucagon (yep...expired in the closet!) but need the Android version like you though.

    ReplyDelete

Next to the doctor's office, I think some of the best diabetes tips I've ever gotten have come from discussions in the comment sections of diabetes blogs. :)