Our D-history:

My daughter, *Rosie, was five years old when she was diagnosed on September 19, 2008, with Type I Diabetes. We started out on MDI, but in October 2010 we switched to a pump. We also added a Dexcom CGM in May of 2011. In February 2014 we changed to the Medtronic Enlite system- a pump and CGM all in one.

*Rosie is not her real name... I let her pick her own pseudonym for the blog!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Which comes first...

... high blood sugars or not feeling well?    In our house, it's always a guessing game.  Sometimes, high blood sugars for a couple of days seem to come just before Rosie starts showing symptoms of the flu or a bad cold. 

Other times, like today, she just doesn't feel good... achy, tired, headache... but I blame that on being mostly in the 300s all night long last night.  I would imagine I wouldn't feel very good after staying that high for 8-10 hours, either.    I'm going to change her site and crank up another temp basal after she finishes breakfast. 

At any rate, we're home today to monitor for ketones and get some rest. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I HATE TROUBLESHOOTING HIGHS. Period. Hate it. AHHHH....

    ReplyDelete

Next to the doctor's office, I think some of the best diabetes tips I've ever gotten have come from discussions in the comment sections of diabetes blogs. :)